Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I Find This Hard to Believe

myfoxdc.comA corporate executive says he was denied a first class seat on United Airlines because he was wearing a track suit, according to an exclusive story by myfoxdc.com.

Armando Alvarez said he wanted to use his miles to upgrade to first class on a flight from Dulles to Connecticut. Instead, the Best Buy vice president said the gate agent told him that he was dressed "too casually" for seating in first class, the story said. Alvarez has sent e-mails to United Airlines and the airline's board of directors, but he has not received a response from them, the story said.

"I was humiliated and embarrassed," Alvarez, who is not seeking compensation, told myfoxdc.com. "If this happened to me and I'm a United Airlines Red Carpet Club member then I believe it's happening to other people and this must stop."

No comments:

Post a Comment