Thursday, September 3, 2009

What I did!

Ok, so I was bored and responded to a post for pilots on a GIV...I sent a letter that was over the top... fun and silly. They contacted me right away and are getting visas for me! So folks, do not hesitate to send your resume or CV to pilot adverts. I wouldn't follow my lead with the silly cover letter....most businesses do not consider that professional! The other thing is, if you see a corporate posting that states where they fly, use your previous visits to that location in the cover letter. If they say they frequently fly to Tokyo and you have been to Hong Kong, that does not work. If they say they fly to Senegal and you have spent time in West Africa then use that to get their attention.

With the industry the way it is now....any gimmick can help as long as it is done in good taste!

No comments:

Post a Comment