Thursday, June 23, 2011

Getting Screwed Giving References!

I am reluctant to give references for people that I do not know personally. I am about to make it a personal policy that if I give you a reference and you turn around and screw it up...no second chances.

Example, I referred someone for a corporate job...told them what the pay was, hooked them up with my connection and advised them not to dicker on pay! What did they do? Tried to screw around with the pay...so this company comes back to me and asks why I referred that person!!!

Another example, I referred someone on another contract and they started the contract and then said they wanted more money! Don't do that. bad kharma! I will never give you a reference again....even though you are still my friend.

So, if you are not 1000% comfy giving a reference, don't do it.....My rant for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment