Thursday, June 23, 2011

This person warms my heart!

In 2006 I took a contract job for a 135 operator in Florida. There was one other flight attendant working for this company, she had been there for a few months. I came on to train new flight attendants and fly on an as needed basis. Well this sweet young thing that was there was fresh out of high school, and an absolute know-it-all! I would say hi to her and she would ignore me. I would ask her a question and she would ignore me. I would compliment her on something an she would ignore me! For me this girl was the ultimate bitch. Then it came to the time when she needed recurrent trainin (I did not do her initial). During the recurrent I used the term bulkhead...and she asked me what that was! I asked her a few more questions about the plane and she had no clue. She had been flying for 1 year and had no idea of FAA regulations...(30 seat plane). I took my time with her, got her as up to speed as the company would allow based on timing and my contract pay....

I think she felt better after recurrent cuz she then started talking to me! A few weeks later the company let her go... I stayed in touch with her. She applied for a charter airline and the new Director of Ops sent all kinds of garbage to that airline insuring that she would not get the job. She didn't! I tried to help her get back on her feet after this rude play by the 135 operator.

Eventually she got a 121 job but that airline returned their 30 seat planes and she was out of work again. I got her on at another 135 carrier where I was doing the training (30 passenger plane). She stayed a year and moved on to another 121 carrier with jets. She is still there. I helped her get this job also.

So the end of my story is....to this day she calls me "grams"...she is a kid, I am an old lady..... There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that I would not do for this person...(as long as it is legal). So, for her to read this, and for everyone to know...when I think about how our friendship evolved, how much I respect her, and how she will always warm my heart....there can be no better friendship than one that starts off rocky!! PVS - I will always be there for you...ALWAYS...

No comments:

Post a Comment