Monday, February 8, 2010

Out of Work?

Ok, I should feel bad for people who are out of work, and a part of me does! But come on, I pay for different employment sites so I can keep this one going and hopefully help just one person find work. But the trick is..YOU NEED TO APPLY... Apply for all of them...ok, so maybe you don;t live in Munich and speak Chinese...delete that one. But apply for ALL the other ones that you MAY qualify for! All they can do is ignore you or say no...but at least you are taking the initiative.

Another option is to get what I call a "throw away job"..a temp agency, fast food restaurant, department store. At least you have money coming in, insurance, and maybe even a 401K! I just looked at Monster.com there are scads of jobs there..receptionist, file clerk, house cleaning..... Good grief just take ANYTHING stop holding out for an industry that has slowed and is so competitive...ok fine you like to think you are competitive... Make yourself more competitive....learn a language!

Before you go fo any interview instead of spending money on getting your nails done, get your teeth cleaned at the dentist! Sometimes nothing is better than a smile that says that you take care of yourself. I remember when I went to work for a commercial airline many years ago one of the things to do before training was to have your dental work handled...I never forgot that!

Apply for every single thing, staying on unemployment or disability never looks good down the road but taking a job at Target and having that on your resume is a lot better than disability or unemployment!

Just my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment